Wayne and is team were extremely helpful and courteous each member of his team did an excellent job and the end result was more than satisfactory
would highly recommend him and would be our first choice for any future work needed
well done wayne
Gable end wall is cracked and bowed. We need crack stitching with Heliforce bars and restraining with lateral restraint ties into the joist sides (of the first floor). Quote for re-rendering. Repair of front door lintel with heliforce bars. Re-point ground floor brick work. Inspect and repair drain on rear left hand corner of house.
The team worked hard from the moment they arrived each day. They were very efficient, approachable and tidy. We would use Killan again and would highly recommend them to others. Nice job, thank you.
We are considering buying a property and are looking to get quotes on how much it would cost to get the work done to it that we want. The list includes lowering upstairs ceiling to make more loft space, advising on replastering, new windows throughout, removing and relocating stud walls, new bathroom (potentially involving relocating the bathroom), putting on a "false front" to look like stone on the outside and advising re. any other work needs doing to the property.
Wayne created a very extensive quote for a property we are hoping to buy. He was very approachable, reliable and amiable, and came up with lots of helpful ideas and advice. Thanks Wayne.
Terraced house: 2 rooms dounstairs, lounge & kitchen diner. Upstairs, 2 beds & 1 bathroom. Property needs complete internal make over; replaster, rewire, knocking chimney brests out (optional based on price), removal of stone out hous, damp proofing, some guttering work, etc. Full scope available on request
Very good job by people who are reliable and hard working
A single storey extension down the side of the house. Shell partitioned up into kitchen, utility and downstairs wc. Also wall between existing kitchen and dining room to be knocked down and made into one room. Extension 7000 x 3600.
After having had past experiences of builders not turning up on time, or not even turning up at all, shoddy work having to be redone - as far as we are concerned this company is heaven sent! 100% time and attendance record. They were master craftsmen and methodical in bricklaying, joinery, plastering, floor levelling etc etc. This meant that there were no holdups waiting for different tradesmen to arrive or to complete the job. In the ten weeks they were here there wasn't one task they didn't complete or were unable to do that we had agreed on and they also completed more besides. They are excellent at working out the budget and we paid for any extras that we wanted there and then- negotiating throughout so no surprises at the end! We would and will recommend them to close family and friends and will be taking their card details for work in the future. Excellent value for money and a completely stress-free, beautiful extension, thank you.
New build 4mtr x 4mtr Edwardian conservatory. Have plans.
Unsold Job, Updated Details : works will be funded patly by insurers & partly by self Original : repair bathroom following a burst pipe. Re-clad the bathroom ceiling, redo the wood floor & probably retile the whole.
Also quote for installation of new bathroom suite. Timing: I am flexible on start date
renovation of a 3 bedroom 2 reception large semi
Timing: 2 months+
We have 2 vaulted cellar rooms, that I would like to be able to use but our budget is limited so no ideas of Grandeur. There are multi aspects to the project but I would like to go through this with a builder to come up with a price for some aspects or the whole job.
1) The initial issue is mechanical drainage as we believe there is a leak from the kitchen drain into the cellar
2) The patio above the cellars is not waterproof , it is flagged over concrete, we can remove flags but from a time and ease point of view I have been looking on line at self leveling compounds that are relatively quick and easy to lay, but this would also have to provide a waterproof layer ?
2) Once watertight we would require a door opening internally into the house, 2 fire doors fitting between neighbors cellar and the two cellar rooms
3) Window modifications, we currently have a small PVC door, possibly opening up further to add a window and get more light down there
4) Electrics , I am getting the board down to look at the meter as it requires updating and next doors supply comes through our cellar, I am happy with bulkhead lighting and conduit etc but require safe supply, there are lights down there currently, of a type!
5) Heating , will have to be realistic again I think electric would be easier but can be discussed
6) Flooring, we have a damp proof membrane and concrete , that was fitted last year, I am OK with an industrial coating and rugs
7) the walls are brick I would like advise on a coating /paint will be plastering required but we have a contact if required,
8) There are some pipes that need investigating and possibly removing
Please call to discuss
Hi, I want to convert my loft into a room with an ensuite, I live in a 3 bed terraced house in stacksteads.
1. Guttering repair or replacement to a short section of gutter.
2. Repair/replace a small section of external render that sits just underneath the corner of roof. Possible replacement of flashing too.
My friend has recently had two back to back houses knocked into one big house. The list is quite big as to what she needs doing but she is starting with the stairs and bathroom.
Updated : Plans already approved. Large extension consisting of kitchen/diner on the ground floor and 2 bedrooms upstairs Original : Extension at the rear of my house to make it big
Internal work on a bungalow- moving bedrooms and living room front to back
Small extension on back of property for a utility and downstairs wc