Reviews of Kitchen Specialists in Reading, Berkshire
6 January 2013
High level Summary - Replacement of cupboard doors, surroundings, and worktop, and installation of new electric oven, gas hob, and new sink and taps.
All materials supplied other than incidentals.
In Detail -
1. Removing cupboard doors, pelmet, cornice, old worktop, sink & taps, corner post and plinth, and two existing units, and disposing of waste.
2. Building three new flat-pack units (150mm wide pull-out, 600mm wide base-unit, and 1965mm high tall-oven housing) and fitting doors, drawers, and handles. Fitting new Oven into unit and connecting to electricity supply (existing separate high voltage circuit & switch already exists).
3. Building wine rack unit (150mm front supplied, 3 shelves will need making from material left over from removed units, and one side panel will need moving across).
4. Fitting new worktop (2 x 3m length 40mm worktop & colour-matching glue supplied), cutting holes for new sink & new gas hob, and connecting new sink & taps (connector pack supplied, some additional connectors may be required) to water & waste, and fitting new gas hob (would get Gas Safe engineer to connect separately).
5. Fitting 14 new cupboard doors (hinges pre-drilled on 13 of these), handles (not pre-drilled), pelmet, cornice, corner post and plinth; replacing drawers in existing unit (new drawer runners, boxes, and fronts upplied); applying colour-matched vinyl to end surfaces where applicable.
Would very much recommend. David was reliable, kept me informed regularly through the quoting period and through the work, worked hard and to schedule, and the completed work was of high quality. Used David for additional work on top of that planned originally.Graham
I am re-designing my kitchen with exisiting units but need professional help to choose and fit a laminate worktop and possibly some tiling and general fitting /plumbing work. The job is available immediately.
Need a visit to ascertain the scope and work before quoting. Based near to Burghfield Common, Berks.
Graham is very amenable and flexible and adds true value using his skills and experience to redesign a kitchen for me to look great.Graham
We were very happy with the workmanship on our kitchen. Workmen always arrived in time each morning and the work was completed to a high standard, throughout. Everything was done as agreed and at a fair cost, and in a reasonable time. Kirstie
1) Remove artec reskim ceiling smooth.
2) Fit modern inset ceiling lights
3) Tile floor
4) Re tile Walls
5) new kitchen unit tops
It is difficult to access without comparisons but everything I asked for was completed to my satisfaction and within budget. The workmen were friendly,
helpful and hard working. In conclusion they would be highly recomended by me for any future work.Roger Anthony
Have recently installed wickes kitchen cabinets. Need experienced fitter to install Maia worktops - will require cutouts for gas-hob and sink.
3 lengths of work surface need to be installed - this will mean 2 joints (forming a u-shape).
Arrived on time on the day expected and stuck to the quote. Worked very hard all day & stayed until the job was properly completed even tho this meant he was working from 8-7.
Very polite and followed up with a courtesy call a few days later to check everything ok.
thoroughly professional job all round.Alex
Fit kitchen around 3 walls
Plumb in sink
plumb in Fridge Freezer, Dishwasher and Washing Machine
Plugs spurred and moved
Area is clear aside an integrated
Oven hood fitted
I left Kent and Andy to take delivery of the kitchen and appliances and they were trustworthy. The kitchen too just over a week and we were pleased with the end result. They even came back and changed the waste under the sink as they were not happy with the seal.Jonathan
We have new kitchen units that need to be fitted in.
Need a kitchen fitted with a bit of plumbing and electrics
Complete kitchen over-haul, replacing everything, with a possible wall knock through.
Knowl Hill, RG10
Cutting & fitting four duropal laminated worktops.
Fitting & plumbing in sink.
Existing tops & sink will already be removed.
Detailed drawing available via E Mail.
All materials on site.
Fitting a kitchen already planned.
Supplied by homebase.
I'm looking to remodel my kitchen. I live in a Victorian terrace and it is a galley style kitchen. It is approx 15' x 7'. I'm thinking at the moment of sourcing the units myself but I'd be interested to hear alternatives. I also haven't had any design done yet.
- I require a new floor. I can get this done separately beforehand but I'd be interested to hear alternatives.
- I require plasterwork to cover some artex.
- I want a washing machine plumbed in as part of it, which currently sits in a separate room.
- I require some appliances: cooker, hob, dishwasher. Which again, I may source separately. I would require the dishwasher plumbed in as part of the units.
- I have a separate utility area at the back of the kitchen, partitioned by a door. I want the door and frame removing, plastering over, and a pantry put in, in the same style of unit as the kitchen, effectively extending the kitchen back. This area is currently where the washing machine is.
approx 8 linear metres of worktop including sink and hob cut-outs, shaped breakfast bar
rip out old kitchen and install new one
I'm not sure
I need to replace my kitchen worktop
moving kitchen from one part of the house to other.