Due to recent high winds, lead flashing on the roof eaves has been ripped off and a gap between joints has been exposed approximately 10 foot long. Some slate tiles have also come loose.
Roof is leaking where it meets the chimney
Services required: Slate / Tiled roof repair Repair: Single storey extension leaking On: an extension roof Work required is: 1 storey high Additional information: Single storey extension leaking, pitched roof with two sky lights in it remove slates fit new waterproof membrane re fit slates. Roughly about 3.5metres by 3 metres slate roof. Also on front upstairs apex need new UPVC black facia boards (barge boards) and new UPVC facias gutter and downpipe on front porch.
Need someone to either repair or install (if it's absent) lead flashing over a porch and bay window, also examine gutter fixings to establish whether they're admitting water through walls.
Stone Bench, SK17
Unsold lead, updated details: I need this job looking at asap please as my ceiling is wet through and spongy.... I'm unsure of what budget to put as I don't know how much these type of jobs cost! Original: Services required: Find and repair a leak
in the loft, by the corner of the roof there is a small hole / tear in the roofing felt which has leaked in water causing a small bowing in the landing cieling.We have only just noticed this problem.
Property type: Terraced
Property style: Modern
Great Hucklow, SK17
Unsold lead, updated details: Remove cement/asbestos sheeting and re-roof large garage. Advice on new roofing material will reflect final agreed costs. Original: Remove cement/asbestos sheeting and re-roof large garage.
A bit of damp and damaged felt in the roofspace. May need a few new tiles.
Slate roof about 40 years old needs check over ? recement ridge tiles 2 storey 3 bed house
remove roof slates fit new waterproof membrane and refit the slates may need to replace a few slates
Buxton Central, SK17
We've recently bought a house in Buxton. It's a 4 bed, 3 floor end terrace.
The survey listed a number of points that needed to be done with the roof. Here is the list...
• Mortar to ridge tiles beginning to detach – localised patch repointing recommended.
• Timber verge cap to main gable elevation - evidence of rot attack and slight rotation – requires repair/replacement.
• Evidence of slight weathering of stonework jointing to gable elevation immediately below the main stack masonry and patch repointing required.
• Cement benching around the caps and cowls is beginning to lift with minor horizontal hairline cracking evident; patch repointing and replacement of cement benching.
• If chimney flues are not to be used need ventilated cap at chimney stack level.
• Check TV aerial secure.
• Water ponding to gutters – needs clearing and realigning.
• Eaves members showing signs of localised rot to joints and ends.
Please get in touch with us to come round, weigh everything up and give us a quote. We're looking to get the work done asap.