Need someone to either repair or install (if it's absent) lead flashing over a porch and bay window, also examine gutter fixings to establish whether they're admitting water through walls.
Stone Bench, SK17
Unsold lead, updated details: I need this job looking at asap please as my ceiling is wet through and spongy.... I'm unsure of what budget to put as I don't know how much these type of jobs cost! Original: Services required: Find and repair a leak
in the loft, by the corner of the roof there is a small hole / tear in the roofing felt which has leaked in water causing a small bowing in the landing cieling.We have only just noticed this problem.
Property type: Terraced
Property style: Modern
Great Hucklow, SK17
Unsold lead, updated details: Remove cement/asbestos sheeting and re-roof large garage. Advice on new roofing material will reflect final agreed costs. Original: Remove cement/asbestos sheeting and re-roof large garage.
A bit of damp and damaged felt in the roofspace. May need a few new tiles.
Slate roof about 40 years old needs check over ? recement ridge tiles 2 storey 3 bed house
remove roof slates fit new waterproof membrane and refit the slates may need to replace a few slates
Buxton Central, SK17
We've recently bought a house in Buxton. It's a 4 bed, 3 floor end terrace.
The survey listed a number of points that needed to be done with the roof. Here is the list...
• Mortar to ridge tiles beginning to detach – localised patch repointing recommended.
• Timber verge cap to main gable elevation - evidence of rot attack and slight rotation – requires repair/replacement.
• Evidence of slight weathering of stonework jointing to gable elevation immediately below the main stack masonry and patch repointing required.
• Cement benching around the caps and cowls is beginning to lift with minor horizontal hairline cracking evident; patch repointing and replacement of cement benching.
• If chimney flues are not to be used need ventilated cap at chimney stack level.
• Check TV aerial secure.
• Water ponding to gutters – needs clearing and realigning.
• Eaves members showing signs of localised rot to joints and ends.
Please get in touch with us to come round, weigh everything up and give us a quote. We're looking to get the work done asap.
To put felting under slates.
To put in adequate ventilation.
NB Please note building is listed.
Extension - needs traditional roof not trusses, to be finished with hardrow tiles
I have a building that has a leaking gutter in one of the joints.
It doesn't need replacing (and can't as its a listed building), just needs some minor repair work.
Gutter is about 10ft of the floor. Leak is to the right of the main door.