How to connect a table top dishwasher to sink tap
Tabletop dishwashers are a great appliance for people that don't like the washing up and where space is at a premium. Here is how you connect a tabletop dishwasher up yourself.
Level of difficulty
Level 2: Intermediate
What you need
- Tape measure
- Dust sheet
- Power drill
- Screw driver
The steps to follow
- Place the tabletop dishwasher horizontally on the kitchen countertop. For better installation, place the dishwasher near a sink.
- Locate the water inlet at the back of the dishwasher.
- Connect the end of the water inlet to the sink tap.
- Nail one or two brackets on the wall where you want to install the dishwasher. These brackets will hold the water inlet and discharge hose in place. The discharge hose prevents the waste water from flowing from the disposer back into the dishwasher.
- Next, plug the dishwasher into a nearby socket.
- Your dishwasher is ready for use.
Don't want to DIY? Get recommended plumbers for your home improvement job.Please note that all our DIY guides and 'Expert answers' advice have been written strictly for reference only. Rated People do not accept any liability for any damage caused to an individual, property or anything else as a result of following our DIY guides and using our 'Expert answers' advice.