Removing mildew from a wall
Mildew is a common problem on walls in damp areas; you'll see it in the form of little black spots on your walls but it's really easy to get rid of if you follow these simple steps.
The steps to follow
- Mix three parts water with one part bleach
- Make sure you protect yourself when working with bleach by wearing gloves, goggles and old clothing
- Wash the affected area on the wall with the bleach mixture and make sure you wash around it too in case there's any mildew you can't see.
- Allow the mixture to work on the mildew for about 20 mins and keep reapplying to the area you've treated when it dries out.
- After the 20 mins, rinse the wall with water
- Next, wash the area with a mild detergent
- Allow the area to dry before painting it. Make sure you clean the whole wall properly in order to get an even finish