How to give a good job description
There are lots of different factors that a tradesperson bears in mind when accepting a job. Here are a few things to think about when posting your job.
1. If you're having a whole room fitted out or decorated then try and give accurate measurements of the room. This means that tradespeople can get a better idea on costs.
2. If you already have materials for doing the job, it's worth mentioning this in your job description.
3. For jobs like loft conversions and extensions, you may need to get planning permission first. Try and make sure that this is in place before getting a quote so that you're ready to go when a tradesperson calls.
4. If you're not completely ready to have the work done and you're just investigating costs let the tradesperson know.
5. Remember, the more detailed the job description the better the chance of getting tradespeople to quote on your job.
That's it! Follow these few pointers and you'll have tradespeople calling you up in no time.