We have thousands of recommended tradesmen across the UK

Post your job - for free

Up to three tradesmen will contact you

star ratings

Average tradesman rating


What type of tradesman do you need?

What type of job is it?

more thanThree Million Jobsposted

Press icons

Need a recommended tradesperson for your job?

You have a home improvement job and you need a recommended tradesperson to do it.

Rated People is here to help:

  • Using Rated People, you can find and choose tradespeople in your area based on what others have said about them
  • Post your job, give a clear description and up to 3 recommended tradespeople will contact you to quote on the work
  • Then, after the job is complete, simply go back and rate your tradesperson based on the work they have done

Get the recommended tradesperson you need with Rated People. Simply let us know about your project in the form above and we’ll do the rest.

Available trades

Advice on tradespeople

Sometimes it can be difficult to decide what sort of tradesperson to get for what kind of job. Do you use a plumber or a heating engineer for gas fittings and repairs for example? Do you use a builder or a carpenter for a loft conversion?

On larger projects, you'll find a number of different tradespeople with numerous different skills working together. So for a loft conversion, the main person you'd employ would be a qualified builder but that builder will have to get in electricians, carpenters and perhaps plumbers depending on what purpose your new conversion will have.

For gas installation and repair, as long as the plumbing or heating engineer is registered on the Gas Safe register (previously Corgi although it's still called Corgi in Northern Ireland) you can be sure that they are the right person for the job and can legally carry out gas works on your property.

The main piece of advice is to look at the past experience of the tradesperson you employ as this will give you a clearer picture of the sort of work he or she is capable of carrying out.