15 years of home improvement stories, and we want to hear yours.
What better way to celebrate 15 years of helping homeowners find great tradespeople than by looking back at some of the UK’s best home improvement stories. Whether it’s heart-warming, funny, a big impressive project, a small project marking a memorable moment in your life, or just something you wanted to tick off your to-do list that brought you joy – we want to hear your story!
To make things even more fun, you’ll be entered into a competition to find the UK’s best home improvement story! If we feature your story across our social media, you’ll win one of 15 Amazon vouchers, with the overall winner taking home a big cash prize of £500.
Here’s how it works:
- Post your story with #RP15Years on Instagram or Twitter (make sure to tag @RatedPeople), or send us a Facebook DM. If you don’t have social media, you can email us at [email protected] instead to enter. If you have any images of the home improvement to go along with your story, even better, but don’t let it stop you from entering if you can’t find any. Don’t forget to mention if you had the work done through Rated People – you don’t have to have had the work done through us, but we’d love to know if you did!
- We’ll select our 15 favourite stories to win a £50 Amazon voucher and be featured on our social media.
- We’ll divide all selected stories into 2 separate categories and the public will vote for the best home improvement story from each category.
At the end of October, we’ll be left with 2 finalists who will go up against each other to take home the title of the best home improvement story, as voted for by the public. If you’re the lucky competition winner, you’ll receive £500!
Post your story, send us a DM or email us ([email protected]) now.
This promotion is subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
Terms & Conditions
1. This prize draw, to win £500 cash (1st place) or a £50 Amazon voucher (15 runners up) is only open to UK residents aged 18 years or over.
2. This promotion will commence on 22nd September 2020 and entries will close at 11:59pm on 21st October 2020. Entries made after 11:59pm on 21st October 2020 will not be entered into the prize draw.
3. Rated People reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion at any time (including not proceeding with the promotion). Rated People’s decision is binding in all matters.
4. By sending your home improvement story with images to Rated People via Facebook direct message or email ([email protected]), or by publishing your home improvement story images on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #RP15Years and tagging @RatedPeople, participants will be automatically entered into the competition to win £500 cash (1st place) or a £50 Amazon voucher (15 runners up). If you do not want to be entered, do not send your home improvement story to Rated People or tag Rated People in your home improvement story post.
5. The 15 runners up will be chosen by Rated People on 22nd October 2020 and separated into 2 different categories. 1 finalist from each category will then be chosen by public vote. The runners up and finalists will be notified by direct message or by email (if they send their entry in via email). The overall winner will be chosen by public vote on 2nd November 2020 and Rated People will notify them within 72 hours from the end of the promotion by direct message or by email (if they send their entry in via email). The winner (and each runner up) must pass the Rated People screening and eligibility requirements in order to be eligible for the prize. All of the runners up will be eligible to win the overall cash prize of £500. If we do not hear from the winner within 72 hours or the winner does not pass the Rated People screening and eligibility requirements or if you decline the award, Rated People reserves the right to withdraw the prize and select another winner. In the event that you are the winner, you have the right to decline the prize and an alternative winner will be chosen.
6. A £50 Amazon voucher will be issued to the 15 finalists and a £500 cash prize will be issued to the overall winner.
7. Rated People can accept no responsibility for, and reserves the right to refuse, entries which are corrupt, incomplete, or obscene. Rated People reserves the right, at its discretion to terminate the promotion or not award the prizes.
8. Rated People reserves the right to carry out such checks as it in its absolute discretion considers necessary to validate any facts in relation to the promotion and not award the prize in circumstances that in its absolute discretion it considers the award is inappropriate.
9. By entering the prize draw you accept that if you are drawn as the overall winner or one of the 15 finalists, you consent to your name and the photographs and/or video content of your home improvement story being used by Rated People in its marketing.
10. By entering the competition, you agree to be contacted by Rated People with marketing promotions and offers related to membership even after the competition has ended. Of course, if you subsequently do not wish to receive marketing promotions, please indicate this using the unsubscribe link that appears on all communications from Rated People.