AdviceCommunity

Kent fire may emphasise importance of electricians

Electricians in Canterbury could be in huge demand after news of a fire in Kent broke.

Fire fighters battled a blaze in a flat in Folkestone last week and, upon completing the job, fitted a smoke alarm. However, a second fire caught light over the weekend and the occupant – an 18-year-old – slept through the alarm.

Experts believe the cause of the second blaze is likely to be an electrical fault, showing how important it is to have such connections checked out on a frequent basis.

The dweller survived the inferno after neighbours instead raised the alarm and officers arrived to find him asleep. “There is absolutely no doubt that the smoke alarm and the prompt actions by his neighbours saved the man’s life,” crew manager Andy Batchelor stated.

Related Articles

Back to top button