Advice

Electricians could prevent domestic fires

Enlisting the services of a professional electrician could go some way to preventing a fire in the home.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service has issued advice following two cases in the north-west last week in which blazes were caused by faulty appliances, reported the Runcorn and Widnes World. On Friday (February 3rd), a kettle burst into flames at one home, just hours before a chip pan caught light. Both incidents occurred in Widnes.

Alex Waller, the service’s unitary performance manager for Halton, said electrical appliances carry a risk, particularly when they are left switched on. “Faulty electrics, such as overloaded sockets and faulty electrical appliances, cause around 7,000 house fires across the country every year,” the chief stated. Having items checked over and sockets repaired by an expert could be one way to avoid such accidents taking place in a home.

Natalie Timmerman, spokeswoman for Light IQ, recently advised people to invest in new lighting for both the outside and inside of their properties – features that could be fitted safely by a qualified electrician.

If you’re looking for a quality electrician in your local area, we can help you find one. Post your job on RatedPeople.com and we’ll put you in touch with up to three tradesmen. Read their reviews and ratings online and select the right one for you and your job. That way you’ll know that you’re employing an expert who you can trust.

Related Articles

Back to top button