Ask an expert

  • Ask an expert


Questions & Answers

Connecting a pond filter and pump

I've just had a pond renovated. It has a new pump and filter that needs connecting to the power supply. There is an external power source approx. 15m away. I have the switch too but not yet purchased the armoured cable. What size job is it to connect the parts and how much should I expect to pay? Thanks

Main bonding

What does installing main bonding to an incoming water main involve and how long should it take

Mr. R. Winson

How do I tighten the flexible pipes to the tap when there is no room room for a spanner


We are looking to get a bedroom smoothed over. It originally had a window that has been bricked up when the house was extended.The window sill is still there .We want this taken out and to make the wall completely flat.Would a plasterer be able to do that or would i need to ask a builder ?

Kitchen floor repairs

Chipboard tongue and groove on concrete kitchen floor bowing up over. I need an estimate and root cause for insurance purposes but I'm unsure which trade to contact.

Fencing Gardening

I have hired Everest to do some fencing and gardening work. They have brought some soil saying that it is Top soil. It was full of concrete pieces - it was debris from some building site. They made out garden a mess. What are our options now? Is it possible to sue them?

How it works

If you are not ready to post a job, but have a question about a home improvement project, you can ask one of our trade experts here.

You can also browse the questions posted by our community of homeowners.

Please read the House Rules first.


view all
Rafal Kaczynski

Rafal Kaczynski

Plumbing, Heating Solutions Rafal Kaczynski

1370 answers 643 votes
Rated  People

Rated People

Rated People Limited

934 answers 194 votes
William Keogh

William Keogh

Pipe Dreams Plumbing Services

912 answers 393 votes

Post your job

Ready to post your job?

Looking to get some quotes?

We have thousands of recommended tradesmen across the UK, get up to 3 quotes today.

Post your job

Contact us

If you have a question about Ask An Expert or our service in general, you can contact us here.
Contact us