Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Who should I contact?

Posted by Ella Humphreys, on
I've recently purchased a top-floor converted flat in a Victorian terrace. The flat has three fireplaces, two of which I was told were sealed and one is working. However, when it rains one of the "sealed" ones lets in the rainwater into the fireplace. What type of tradesman do I need to contact to have a look at the problem? A roofer, builder or a chimney specialist (if such a person exists).

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles