Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Wet cellar

Posted by Nerina Taylor, on
What kind of tradesman do I need to sort out rain water coming into the basement-seemingly coming through paved area above?
Christopher Debieux

Christopher Debieux

As a damp proofing basement conversion specialist, this is something we take into consideration during our design, water will always find the easiest route so generally using a CDM system will direct water where you wish it to go. External work is not an option sometimes and councils take exception to having their pavements ripped up. Consult with a local damp proofing/basement conversion company, preferably PCA trained or accredited and has access to CSSW trained surveyors. Safeguard Europe based in Horsham can find you a reliable contractor in your area or advise you.

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.