Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Ground floor bay ceiling

Posted by Andrea Wright, on
What type of tradesman do I need to find, in order to repair a dropped ceiling under a bay window of a victorian property that has cornicing? Part dropped due to a previous leak but I don't know if it's a plasterer only job or a builder I need.
Edward Thompson

Edward Thompson

Hi Andrea if it's just the plaster that has dropped then a plasterer can fix the problem if there are any issues with the timber structure of the bay window you may also need a carpenter. Once the affected area of the ceiling is removed you can assess this. Ed

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles