Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Damp Specialist

Posted by Stacey Docking, on
Hi. I would like to post a job for a problem with a small area of damp in our conservatory. However i am not sure when posting what kind of tradesman i would need to select. Drainage specialist, Builder, etc etc. Please advise.
Peter Barber

Peter Barber

Hi Stacey. Difficult to advise without further info. If the damp patch is at high level then it may be the roof flashing. When a conservatory is constructed there is sometimes a weak area on the join with the original property. In this case you would need a roofing contractor. If the dampness area is showing mould growth, then may be condensation. In this case a ventilation specialist is called for. If the conservatory is constructed on a dwarf wall and the dampness is showing there, then it may be due to a defective, or absent damp proof course. In which case a damp proofing experts will be needed. I hope that this helps. Best Wishes Peter Barber CSSW.

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.