Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Water leak damage

Posted by Rahul Menon, on
I had a big leak in my flat and I wanted someone to come and assess damage so I can process through my insurer . The carpet for my flat and my neighbours flat has to be changed and also the kitchen unit need to be replaced in my flat . The wall behind the kitchen has also been damaged and would need some repair and also to stop water slipping through the communal area Which category of trades man should I select ?


Unfortunately there is no option for a 'Superman' but it sounds to me you need a selection of trades: in this order: Plumber stop the leak - Electrician test check all you wiring - Kitchen fitter to replace the kitchen - Plasterer to repair and wall damage - Painter/Decorator.

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles