Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

What type of tradesman to quote for repair to water damaged ceiling?

Posted by Stephen , on
I live in a flat on the second floor of a (fairly old) four storey building, and recently had a problem with water leaking from the bathroom of the flat upstairs through my living room ceiling. The leak lasted for around four hours, and according to the upstairs owner has been completely sorted out. I've been running a dehumidifier in the living room and everything seems to be dry. The only visible damage to my ceiling at this point is discolouration. I don't know specifics on the type of ceiling. What I want to know is what type of tradesman should I contact to get a quote on any repairs that need to be performed. I hope that there's no structural damage but need some reassurance on that front.

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles