Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Dual fuel cooker

Posted by Barry Cox, on
Our present cooker is attached to a 32amp spur - we are replacing the cooker with one that requires 16amp supply, can it be connected with the 32amp spur
Rob  Hart

Rob Hart

Hi Barry. 32 amp supply is usually a 6mm Cable from the consumer unit. Should be fine to run the new cooker. If the cooker itself requires a 16amp protection then an electrician could swap the fuse to a 16amp fuse, but usually the cooker states that it needs a 16amp supply indicating that it needs its own supply circuit with a minimum rating of 16amps.

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Expert opinions

Projects that add value to your home - Phil Spencer

Looking to extend your home but don't know where to start? Property expert and Rated People ambassador, Phil Spencer, shares some thoughts on why loft conversions are such a popular way to create more living space and add value to your home.