Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Water leaking through kitchen roof

Posted by Sarah Reid, on
Good morning, we have had water leaking through the kitchen roof from the shower above. The emergency plumber has cut the ceiling in the kitchen and capped the leaking pipes but we now need to get it repaired which will involve removing a wet wall panel in the bathroom to access the shower pipes and see how much damage there is to the plasterboard etc. We are going to require a joiner and plumber to be here at the same time and will also need the roof to be replastered/decorated etc. Is there a company who will do all the work or will I need to source separate tradesmen? I live in Kintore, Aberdeenshire. Many thanks
Chris Morris

Chris Morris

Hi Sarah I would suggest getting some quotes from a general builder who will complete the majority of the work - he will then get the required trades to carry out the other work. Just ensure he does involve the correctly qualified engineers for plumbing, electrical etc.

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles