Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

What tradesman will I need ?

Posted by Debbie Thompson, on
My bathroom floor needs replacing and then tiling on top of. Plus the joists underneath need checking as we have had a slow leak over a long period and the wooden floor is now rotten. To do this the toilet will have to come out and then obviously be re-fitted after the floor is finished. So what tradesman do I need ?
Carl Firmstone

Carl Firmstone

A general builder should be able to take out the tiles, bathroom fixtures etc. They may also inspect and replace the timber joists if needed, unless they, or you decide that a joiner should be called in too. You may then require a plumber and a tiler to get back to having a fully fitted bathroom again.
Rafal Kaczynski

Rafal Kaczynski

Hi Debbie I would suggest that you need a plumber who can do both jobs such as tiling and plumbing. Most of tradesmans are multi skilled so please advertise your job description on our website then 3 tradesmams will contact you with a quotes. I hope this can help Regards Rafal

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles