Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Gas leak

Posted by Lucie Briggs, on
We have a carbon monoxide detector and every time we put the gas hob on, the carbon monoxide detector goes off unless we open the door after a few minutes. The extractor fan doesn’t work so could be an issue with this - or a gas leak? Any advice on who to get to see this/fix the problem would be appreciated.
Jonathan Ireland

Jonathan Ireland

Lucie... You have an immediately dangerous problem with your gas hob ( as Jamie has stated above ) DO NOT USE IT Contact a Gas Safe Registered Engineer I hope this helps! J Ireland Plumber
James Reeder-Smith

James Reeder-Smith

Please STOP using the appliance immediatly - Carbon Monoxide is a TOXIC and DEADLY GAS. DO NOT USE IT until a certified gas safe engineers has looked at it.

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles