Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Plumber, Boiler Engineer

Posted by Mariam Akanbi, on
Hello, I would like to understand if I need both a gas registered engineer and also a plumber are they one and the same?
cameron bax

cameron bax

Hi, You Will Need a Gas Safe Engineer If The Work That You Need Carried Out Includes Any Gas Work. Ask The Gas Engineer To See There Gas Safe Card and On The Reverse Side There Will Be a List of Gas Appliances In which They Are Qualified To Work On. If You Just Require Plumbing Work, You Do Not Need A Gas Safe Engineer. Many Gas Safe Engineers Also Carry Out Plumbing work. But Not All Plumber Do Gas Work. Hope This Helps Cameron The Posh Plumbers

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople‚Äôs profiles