We make it easy for tradespeople to stay busy
How our service works for tradespeople
Homeowners post jobs on our site when they’re looking to get work done. We get 1,000,000 posts every year because of the marketing we do for tradespeople.
These posts are called job leads, which are an opportunity for you to meet potential new customers and give them a quote and win work.
Sign up to one of our plans to get access to all these leads. The leads you see are based on your trade and the area you want to work in, so you’ll only see relevant opportunities.
There’s a monthly fee, and there’s a small cost for each lead.
Every month we give you money back in credit, which you can use to spend on leads.
When you buy a lead, you get contact details immediately so you can introduce yourself, make a good impression, and give the homeowner a quote.
If they decide to hire you, then you arrange to complete the work.
Once it’s all done and the homeowner is happy, they’ll leave you a review. These reviews appear on your profile page for everyone to see, which reassures other homeowners who are thinking about hiring you.
Sound good? Here’s what it costs
- Memberships start from £35+VAT a month. We can tailor your membership depending on how many leads you want and how big your business is. It doesn’t matter if you’re a sole trader or a large business franchise, we’ll make it work for you.
- The average cost of a lead is £15+VAT, and depends on things like location, size of job, and demand.
- It’s a 12-month contract, and there’s a cooling-off period so you can decide if it’s right for you.
- A maximum of 3 tradespeople can buy any lead, so it’s low competition.
Think of us as your marketing team
Tradespeople used to rely on directories, where you’re paying good money to stare at the phone. We’ve got a better way which puts you in control, and allows you to look for leads when you need them. It keeps you in control of your workload.
We do lots of online marketing to get homeowners to post jobs with us. That means we invest heavily with the big search engines like Google and Bing, so whenever someone’s looking for a tradesperson online, we’re always at the top of the list, getting leads for you.
And it doesn’t stop there. Because our site appears at the top of Google searches, it means your Rated People profile page will appear higher than a small business website.
Get reviews for everyone to see – grow your reputation and show off the quality of your work, all on your public profile that’s easy to update with photos, descriptions and qualifications.
You’ll also see us regularly advertising on radio and TV, keeping us at the front of homeowners’ minds.
We make it easier for you to run your business
You’re in control of when you can go for new leads, but we also want to make sure you’re spending as much time as possible making money, not having to do paperwork. Plus, you get loads of discounts from business costs, as well as personal spending.
The Trades app
Find and manage leads, update your profile, all at the touch of a button. Chat – easily send messages to homeowners using the app, or just get in touch via phone, text or email. Lead alerts – no need to keep checking your phone, get an alert the second you get a new lead.
More time on the tools, less time doing paperwork
Lead tracker – manage your leads and see how much work you’re doing. You can even add work you’ve got from elsewhere so you can track it all in one place.
Invoices – generate and send an invoice straight away. No need to waste time creating and emailing documents, we’ll help with that.
Exclusive discounts and offers, designed for tradespeople
These offers could save you up around £800 a year:
- Up to 5p a litre off your fuel. Plus no need to keep tons of receipts because it gets charged monthly in one handy invoice.
- Free phone insurance worth £180.
- Up to 40% off at Jewson with their Partner card.
- Great price cinema tickets.
- Free Caffé Nero drink every month.
- Gym discounts.
- 8% off at Currys PC World.
- Vouchers galore! Use discounted vouchers to save money, but if there’s a sale you’re still knocking money off the price.