First impressions are everything when it comes to winning trades work. Our new in-app calling feature makes it easier and quicker for you to contact a homeowner after you’ve bought their lead. So, you can focus on pitching your services well without worrying about how you’ll get in touch.
In-app calling allows you to make and receive homeowner calls using Wi-Fi or mobile data, directly from our Trades app. You’ll also get an email and SMS with the homeowner’s contact details, as usual.
The benefits of in-app calling
- Homeowners are more likely to answer: When you call a homeowner who has our Homes app installed, they’ll see your picture and name. So, they’ll know it’s a tradesperson from Rated People calling rather than a random phone number. That means they’ll be more likely to pick up.
- Two-way calling: Both you and any homeowners whose leads you’ve bought can make and receive calls using the feature. This way, it’s easier for you to keep in touch.
- There’s no hassle: If the homeowner doesn’t have the app installed, don’t worry. Any calls you make to them through the app will revert to normal voice calls.
Get in-app calling
Head to the Trades app and accept ‘Mic Permissions’ when prompted to.
Then, when you open a purchased job lead in the app and tap the ‘Call’ button, the homeowner will receive a call with your picture and name.
In-app calling is only available on our Trades app. If you’re not already a member of Rated People, join our community today to get access.
What if I change my mind?
Once you’ve accepted ‘Mic Permissions’, tried in-app calling out and have decided it’s not for you, the easiest way to turn it off is:
- Click on the ‘More’ section in the app.
- Click on ‘Voice Calls’.
- Toggle off the ‘in-app calling’ feature.
Once you’ve done that, the ‘Call’ button that you see in the ‘My Leads’ section of the Trades app will revert to a normal voice call. If you decide you’d like to try it out again later down the line, simply toggle the feature back on!