Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Tradesmen for assorted work

Posted by Owen Killmister, on
I need some work done which would include some plastering, some electrics, some plumbing, some tiling, some carpentry and some general DIY. How would I go about finding somebody for this sort of work?
Michael Tucker

Michael Tucker

Hello Qwen, Put the jobs on separately under the trades wanted for you best price. If it's a big job then put all the works under one builder. The service in getting advice/survey is free and you should get 3 tradesmen to quote so you should use it. Tradesmen pay for the opportunity to quote on your job. It is important to give tradesmen contacting you the opportunity to do so, the advice you receive is free. You are not obliged to use any of them. Regards Michael
Joseph Whelan

Joseph Whelan

Hi Owen. A genaral building contractor should be able to help you with all these work's as they should have all the relevant trades Eather subcontract or directly employed. Rated People Have a section for refurbishment specialists. Cheers. Joe Whelan. NWBS

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles