Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople


Posted by Margaret MEARS, on
My yard wall was rendered about 18 years ago,some parts have cracked, is it possible to cover over the cracks.
john cunningham

john cunningham

The first thing to do Margaret is to establish why it has cracked. Is there any subsidence, was the original mix for the render too strong etc: You would have to get someone in to look at it. But in answer to your original question, it is possible to mend the cracks successfully but you would have to paint it afterwards because the repairs would stick out like a sore thumb. J c.

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles