Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Builder or architect

Posted by Tracy Scobbie, on
We are looking to make our kitchen and adjoining back room into a kitchen diner and possibly instal a shower into the downstairs bathroom my husband says we need an architect but I think we need a builder first. What do you suggest
Michael Tucker

Michael Tucker

Hello Tracy, You should be able to get enough information from a good builder given that you are only making moderate changes. If you start to make major adjustments to your drainage then you will need to make a building regs application. Regards

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles