Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Knocking in a fireplace

Posted by Amy Kirkwood, on
What trade men do we need to knock in a fireplace and plaster the surround? ASAP
Thomas Lyon

Thomas Lyon

Just makesure you specify to the tradesman what the fireplace is going to be used for to make sure the right materials are used so you dont have problems later down the line
Dean Wilkins

Dean Wilkins

Hi Amy If its just a straight forward fireplace hole to brick up then you will need a plasterer with a bit of basic brickwork skills,or it could have a timber frame fixed to the inside walls and then plasterboarded and skimmed This shouldn't be anymore than a days work max , Hope this helps you Thanks Dean @dwplastering

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles