Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Boarding out the loft

Posted by Carl Brown, on
Would this just be a general handyman? or carpentry and joinery?
Dee Verma

Dee Verma

Hi Carl, A general handy man should be able to do the job. Before you get going, map out your electrics and water pipes and keep the map in a safe place where you can find it in the future in case you need to get to them. Design the layout of the board so as they are easy to access in the futrure with the minimum of disruption to the newly boarded loft.
Tim Smith

Tim Smith

Hi Carl I would go for a Carpenter as they will know the correct weight issues etc. Also need to be careful of wires in the way so some joists will have to be cut into to accomodate this. Thanks Tim

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles