Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Electric shower

Posted by dav e thomas, on
Electric shower needs to be wired up to fuse board no wire at fuse board need to know how much roughly I will be charged
David West

David West

Hi Dave It all depends what is required where cost is concerned. With it being in a bathroom, it is classed under building regs Part P as a special location and therefore it is notifiable work to your local building control. Your electrician will do this for you. It will also need a minimum of 10mm cable running from the consumer unit (fusebox) to a pullswitch and from the pullswitch to the shower. The circuit will also need to have RCD protection. All these need to be taken into account when taking on a job like this in order for it to be certified and signed off. All these considerations will significantly bump up the cost if you are starting from scratch. The best thing to look at is in the Cost Guide section on the Rated People website and that will give you a rough idea. Also look at the cost guide for replacing a consumer unit as well if it is required. Hope this helps Regards Dave ADW Domestic Electrical. .

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles