Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Plumber or electrician?

Posted by jonathan fowler, on
I need an outside tap, heated towl rails and a shower installed, can one tradesman do all this?


Yes you need plumber to plumb up to and electrician to install test and certify. If he pipework is already there some electricians will plumb in.
Daniel John

Daniel John

Sorry but that’s incorrect tom You need both, as a plumber can’t wire into the consumer unit for the shower. Hope this helps. Thanks dan

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles