Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Electricity from house to garden office

Posted by Christopher Rendell, on
Hi, Please can you let me know if we are able to run a cable from our garden flat (Victorian house) to our garden office and what issues there are to consider? The garden office is around 3 metres from the back of the property and we would ideally want a double socket and a single ceiling light. Thanks, Chris
James Pitt

James Pitt

Hi, yes that’s fine. Double check your fuse board in the house is RCD protected and ideally you should install a fuse board in the new office. Give us a call if we can be of assistance

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles