Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Boiler engineer accreditation

Posted by Patricia Walker, on
Does a heating engineer to replace and fit a new boiler need to be Corgi registered or is Gas safe registered and member of iphe enough?
gareth butcher

gareth butcher

Hi Patricia. To install and sign off a boiler the engineer needs to be registered with gas safe, you can ask the engineer for there licence number which is there personal number which changes every financial year or you can ask them for there company reg number either of these will allow you to view them on the gas safe website. Some engineers are still registered with gorgi who were the governing body over 10 years ago. Hope this helps.

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles