Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Cat flap in double glasing

Posted by Freia Muehlenbein, on
Is it possible to install a cat flap into a double-glased door? If so, what is involved i.e. would we need to buy a new glas piece that comes with the hole? Thanks
Steve Matthews

Steve Matthews

If the door has a sealed double glazed unit, then yes, you will need a new double glazed unit. Have someone come out and measure the glass that the cat flap is going in, they will order a new unit, usually be a local glass company. And they will provide a hole when making the unit up to the size as specified in the installation guide with the cat flap.

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles