200mm is ample enough. If your using 60mm paving for a driveway you want 25-35mm of sand so your left with 115mm of MOT. 4+ inches. Please remember that this is just a guide as ground conditions will play a factor in determining how much MOT is needed & how deep it needs to be.
This sounds adequate to me, but I think the answer from Charles Benton below is spot on. So far so good but use his answer to monitor the job as it progresses. I hope it all goes according to plan :-)
Let me help you with your question you have,
This seems the right depth so far but the work is still to go on,
I have put this into step - by step for you.
- Lay the MOT Type1 Roadstone at a minimum of 100mm after compaction ( two layers at 60mm compacted )
- Layers of Sharp sand will be applied, 1st layer at 50mm then compacted using a Vibration Plate,
- A second layer of Sharp sand also to applied with the use of String lines, Screeding rails or a straight edge,
- Block paving should always be laid from the bottom of a slope !
- Blocks will be laid higher than desired height, and then compacted down to kerb or border level,
- Kiln dries sand to be swept in and also compacted again, vibration plate helping the kiln dried sand to fill the small gaps and making this a solid block paving job.
I hope this has helped and reassured you on the job you are having undertaken.
It depends on the use of the substructure and what load it will be carrying cars vans or lorries
Usaly I excavate to 300 mm the lay road stone and compacked followed by a layer of crushed concrete mot,
You can view diagrams showing the correct built up at pavingexpert.com
Bespoke contractors LTD
Hi Julie The answers are all completely different be cause of different areas if it is for a patio then it will be fine but if it is for a drive way then the answer is no it is not deep enough A driveway must have at least 225 mil of hard-core +40 mil screening Sand and 50 mil block I hope this helps you mark
Yes this is more than enough. I assume this is for your driveway? It is generally a minimum of 150mm of hardcore for heavy foot fall area or driveway and 75mm hardcore for light foot fall paths.
He should compact the hard core every 75mm prior to topping with sharp sand and compacting again.