Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Mouldy bedroom ceiling!!

Posted by Eleanor Grey, on
It's mouldy along the window edge of the ceiling and I'm told I probably have a leak somewhere but who do I need to get in to fix the problem? Builder? Roofer? Other? Thanks
Daniel Ranson

Daniel Ranson

Hi. If the mould consists of clack spots then this will be mildew and can be removed using either mildew spray or 50/50 bleach & water. Window or wall vents will then keep a positive air flow to reduce this problem in the future. If the staining is a water-tide mark then a leak from the roof or wall may be the issue.

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles