Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople


Posted by Terry Smith, on
The upstairs subfloor is chipboard, I'd like it to be replaced in one of our rooms (4.5m/2.5m) as an estimate how much would this cost and is it a builder or joiner I need?
Stephen Fraser

Stephen Fraser

Hi Terry. It would be a joiner you need. You don't have to remove the chipboard flooring you can over lay your new flooring on to the chipboard flooring. The joiner will be able to advise you on the best way of doing the job. Hope this helps. Stephen

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles