Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Glass bricks

Posted by Lynda Green, on
I just wanted to ask is it feasible to replace a pvc door and side panels with a hardwood door surrounded by glass bricks? Would I need to ask for a carpenter or a bricklayer? Or both? Thank you
Mike Box

Mike Box

You need a carpenter he should be able to do all thats needed .regards Mike Calibre Installations.
Dave Claringbould

Dave Claringbould

Yes I agree with Neil the blocks come wite reinforcing Bars/spacers but fitting the frame is quite awkward You need to make a frame around everything And the you can frame tie the blocks into This a good carpenter should be able to do both Pls bear in mind the costs of the blocks/adhesive Spacers rods etc, not cheap, hope this helps Regards Dave DCBuilders
Andy Thornton

Andy Thornton

Hi Lynda, The works could be done by a joiner / window fitter. If you are in the Lancashire are area I would be happy to have a look at it for you. Hope the advise is of use to you. Regards Andy Thornton
Neil  Redrupp

Neil Redrupp

In our opinion there would not be enough structural integrity in glass bricks to hold a door on frame. Others may disagree, but security and safety is important. Regards Neil Priors Home & Garden Services

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles