Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

How to categorise my job? Creaking subfloors?

Posted by Andy Tawse, on
I have old floors in my flat that creak so much that the neighbours below complain. One room in the flat was fixed by the previous owner and strong boards (the subfloor?) were laid, with carpet on top. They had problems with the old beams but this solved the problem. I think I need a joiner to to do this, but I'm not sure what the correct category to post in. Or maybe it's a floor specialist? Nothing seems to quite fit this job.

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles