Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

Fitting a cooker hood with extractor fan

Posted by Sanna Henderson, on
Hello, I need to find someone to fit a cooker hood with extractor fan and connect it to an existing wall mounted extractor fan. I just can't find the right category to post this job on ratedpeople. Who will be the right person for this job?
Shaune Milburn

Shaune Milburn

Hi my name is Shaune I'm an electrician and can connect up your cooker hood do you have the hood or is there one there and it needs changing .
Mike  Simpson

Mike Simpson

Hello Sanna, If you post your job in the "Kitchen Installation" category. That should help you find local tradesmen who can carry out this work for you. Kind Regards Mike
Krzysztof Zieba

Krzysztof Zieba

Hello Sanna According to the regulation you can undertake the work yourself to BS7671,or some one else, however I would recommend you use a registered electrician to carry out any electrical work in your home.

charles wisdom

Hi Sanna It should go under electrical work so look for electricians, Please remember your electrician should part p & a7th edition certified and registered with a governing body such as NICEIC, ELECSA or NAPPIT. And don't forget to ask for an installation certificate, any reputable 'spark' could provide you with one of these.

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles