1) to replace lead valley at back kitchen extension
2) to replace timber where required on back extension
3) to remove and replace areas of slate at back. Valley
4) to remove all loose render around chimney area
To re wrangle lead.
5)To supply and install corner beads and bell cast beads to chimney area and apply a Roughcast render with matching granite chip.
6)to replace sarking board where required at front of property. To supply and install one roll of 300
Code 5 down valley at front
6) to clean out gutterings at front and back of house and remove all waste
7) to remove Roughcast from section at back of house at extension
8) to remove down pipe at back or property and replace with upvc down pipe
I was quoted 5,800 for all of the above work - is this reasonable ?
Without viewing to consider area of work it is difficult to judge? It could be quite a cheap job or highly inflated?
Post the job on Rated people and you will receive 3 estimates to compare against for a better decision to be made.
Hope this helps.
Slate roofing work does not come cheap, and if it is not carried out correctly, it becomes very expensive. To replace Lead valleys requires a large area of slates to be removed, not just a couple either side like a pan tiled roof, also when doing the render on the chimney, if a slate gets broken, sometimes end up replacing 6. Scaffold could be large cost. It is difficult to comment too much without the full dimensions and quantities. Good luck.
Projects that add value to your home - Phil Spencer
Looking to extend your home but don't know where to start? Property expert and Rated People ambassador, Phil Spencer, shares some thoughts on why loft conversions are such a popular way to create more living space and add value to your home.