Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople

My house brickwork needs repointing.

Posted by Peter Vick, on
Who do I need? A bricklayer, a builder, a plasterer/renderer or a handyman? What should I expect to pay for this to be done?
Nathan Pepper

Nathan Pepper

Good morning Peter, you will be better off employing a firm that specialises in repointing. They will have the correct raking out equipment and of course they carry this work out day to day, practice makes perfect. Depending on your location in the country you should expect to pay somewhere between £40 to £70 per meter squared. Different styles and materials are charged at different rates.
Lewis Woodhouse

Lewis Woodhouse

Hi Peter, Very tough to quote without seeing. Ideally a brick layer is suitable for this work, however other trades like us would carry this out also and we are a roofing & maintenance business. Hopefully that helps. Best wishes Lewis Manor roofing repairs

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles