Ask an expert

Get free help from our community of tradespeople


Posted by Mary Scott, on
Hi,I have a Perspex roof on a lean to at the back of my house,just need to know would I be allowed to replace it with a traditional flat roof (felt or g r p ) without notifying my local council,thank you for all your advice,Mary,
Dave Claringbould

Dave Claringbould

Hi , yes you don’t need permission to Chang the roof covering, but need to check that the roof timbers would take the extra weight,
james cross

james cross

Hi Mary we specialise in solid Grp conversions fully insulated if you require a price many thanks James

What would you like to do now?

Find more questions Create my Job

Homeowner stories

Homeowner stories - Nick

Nick shares his story of finding local tradespeople in his new area.


Get our app for homeowners

  • Send messages and get notifications from tradespeople
  • Add photos to get more accurate quotes
  • View tradespeople’s profiles